Derived from China, Ziziphus jujuba (jujube, Chinese date) is a member of the first group of functional foods, which includes foods that besides nutritional value also positively affect health and general mood. As far as 3,000 years ago, the Chinese made wine through fermentation of Chinese dates. It was then considered a beneficial beverage, and was served at receptions. Subsequently, also medicine focused on jujubes. Nowadays, it is a component of dietary supplements. TIENS Date Concentrated Juice contains Chinese date extract from Cangzou in the Hebei Province in eastern China. Thanks to patented technologies the bioactive properties of the fruit are fully preserved.
According to scientific publications, Chinese dates Ziziphus jujuba (Golden Silk Jujube) will typically contain:
– Vitamin C that protects body cells from oxidative stress, reduce tiredness and fatigue and strengthens the body’s natural endurance
– Vitamin B1 that supports normal functioning of the heart
– Vitamin B2 that protects cells from oxidative stress, maintains normal vision and improves the condition of skin
– Vitamin B6 that is necessary to normal red blood cell formation
– Potassium that regulates a proper functioning of the nervous system
– Iron that determines the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood, aids digestion and supports body’s defense system
– Calcium that is required by the body for muscle contraction, blood coagulation and nerve impulse conduction. It is necessary for maintaining healthy bones and teeth.